Monday 26 October 2015

Interactive walls

Since designing digitally interactive walls in my immersive virtual reality artworks during my NESTA Fellowship a decade ago, I have wanted to make physically responsive walls/environments. I have wanted to bring back the physicality that is tricky to achieve with digital platforms whilst retaining the wonders of the digital opportunity and programming.


I have been making interactive samples to show the principles. I am currently collaborating with DLA architects (John Orrell), Stage One (Tim Leigh) and Matt Little on making two 4m high interactive tiled pieces with words that appear and become abstract in response to the public's movement for Central Square in Leeds. 

Short films of the samples can be seen here:

http://www.jofairfaxstudio.com/projects/interactive_walls

Thanks to NESTA, Matt Little and Marcus Rowlands.







No comments:

Post a Comment